SharePoint Online Navigation Changer has finally been launched! The advanced function allows you to change the navigation to vertical (top navigation) or horizontal (left navigation). Previously, only communication sites had horizontal top navigation, and team pages were left with vertical navigation for quick launch. Microsoft has introduced navigation switch options for team sites that allow us to change the navigation orientation to horizontal or vertical (no changes to the “Communication!” Page template. Here are the steps to migrate navigation to SharePoint Online:
- Login to your SharePoint Online Site –> Click on the gear icon of settings
- Click on “Change the look” from settings Menu list
- Click on the “Navigation” under Change the look
- You can now set the navigation orientation to “Horizontal” or “Vertical”. You can also hide navigation by turning off “Web Navigation Visibility“.
- Click on the “Save” button to submit your changes.
We also have the option to set the horizontal navigation to “Mega Menu” or “Cascading Menu”.
By this way you can switch navigation horizontal or vertical in SharePoint Online.
You may also like our below articles on SharePoint Online
- PnP PowerShell to get all Site Collections
- Customize SharePoint list forms without PowerApps
- SharePoint Online: Identify Current Page is Modern page or Classic page
- Retrieve SharePoint List Items using CSOM
- Retrieve all users from Site Collection using PowerShell
- Get Current Context from SharePoint Modern Site Page